Tuesday, August 20, 2019

When I started this blog

When I started this blog back up I was devastated that my hopes and dreams were dashed. I came back into the dog show world because I truly love showing dogs.  I came back to a breed that stole my heart over 30 years ago. My first " show dog was starting to appear to be anything but that. I had become so discouraged and was most likely the laughing stock of the Chow world. I learned a long time ago what people say or think only sting for a little bit, and in the bigger realm of things don't matter.
I did the parent thing and put my dreams on hold so my kids could experience theirs. We did Child Beauty Pageants another expensive hobby with three of the four children. We did the marching band and the best saxophone money could buy ( with the help of Grandam.) We did football from Rec league to collage with the oldest boy We did baseball with the oldest son.. We did Competitive dance, tee ball to ASA competitive  to collage softball,and track and cheer-leading with the youngest daughter. We also did soccer, and tee ball,( he did not like baseball) to flag football to high school football. To FFA with the youngest son., Honor Society and all the other school activities. We survived heartbreaks, dances,  assaults (you know boys will be boys kind.} and a year in the judicial system. The first child to leave for collage, then the second then the third and now the fourth. We survived medical issues that made my child stronger. I can say I with my husband raised 4 awesome independent and very intelligent and driven children. I am one mother who is proud of every small or big accomplishment my children have achieved. But the one thing that was instilled in each one of them is you never give up, you do your best and you live your dream.

So while  I was an hands on very involved parent I didn't have time to socialize or make friends, friends got in the way I was always busy kids always on the go. So to say I may lack in social skills is mild to say the least and sometimes I may try to hard, or not hard at all. At 60 I am just to old to change who I am. But with the dogs I can be who I was meant to be a competitive handler,with good dogs.

Tillie has always been a challenge she has always resisted being touched so I removed her and have been working with her, and in July she made her way back into the ring after a year off and her second show won a 4 point major. She still has a way to go but I firmly believe her and I can do it

That same weekend, Romeo my import who also wasn't shown since last November as we had a food issue that effect his eyes and  taking care of his eyes were more important so he was on the injured reserve. 
But that weekend was good to us and he became and AKC Champion.

And then there is my Hondo who finished his Championship in late March, Showed him in April then in May June and July a show a month and in that short time he finished his Grand Championship 
He also ended that weekend with a group 2 Owner Handler 

and now my up and coming star that rounds out what we 

call Jepa Chows. This is Maverick 

 It seems like this is all coming together and we will see what the future brings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment