Tuesday, May 29, 2012






As a mother not knowing what was happening with your child is a scary thing. At this point I was noticing a change in her, She was staying holed up in her room, she was sleeping a lot and she was not my Hannah that she had been her first 14 years of life. I thought it had to do with her being scared of High School and problems with her friends. I was so far from the truth. Trust me their are signs to abuse I just didn't pick up in them. 

Her and her friend were getting ready to go to their first teen dance, they were so excited she spent hours getting ready. I could see her excitement and I thought oh wow this is good. as a parent I knew they would met boys there and be asked to dance, Her dad and I raised her to be smart. It was happening my little girl was going up and I couldn't stop it.

Her friends parents came and picked her up and off she went. I worried as every mother does, but had instructed her that she should call me at the first sign of trouble. No phone calls came and when she came home it had appeared she had a great night.

In the morning we talked about her experience that night. She talked about several different young men she had danced with that night and how her friend and her danced. She told me about a boy who wouldn't leave her alone and called her all kinds of names because she wouldn't dance with him or be around him, She then was also talking about his twin brother, who she felt was sweet and nice and stayed by her to keep his brother away from her. Told her he wouldn't let his brother bother her the rest of the night.

I looked him up on face book and we had a long conversation her dad and I explaining to her that he had already graduated from high school and would soon be turning 18 and guys that age only want one thing from young girls like her. We explained there would be no dating that he was to old for her there would be no one on one time but we had no objection to her text him and them being friends like that. I could see that she wasn't happy and she fought with us on and on about this. But I wasn't to worried because were we live and the fact he didn't drive I didn't think I had to worry about anything happening. Well so I thought.

Now every one who knows me and my child know that we are very close and some can say we can feel and think what the other is thinking. I know that this attention that this person was giving her would help her with her self esteem issues. And I thought well she knows how we feel and if I really try to stop her she will do what every normal child will do and find a away to see him and then I couldn't control the issue.

So my husband and I decided that we would allow this young man to come over to the house and we would evaluate the situation. Thinking being in our house it would be a controlled environment and that the two of them would never be left alone.

So on Sunday I gave in to her and allowed him to come for dinner and to size him up per say. My oldest son went to pick him up and we all had dinner together, He appeared to know what to say and how to say it. Then all of us excluding my husband sat down to play a game, that would be my oldest and youngest son, my daughter and I and him. I then allowed them after that to go watch a movie with my sons, going in there several times to check on them. My older son left them and they were still in the company of my youngest when I am told that this boy touched her inappropriately and took her hand and had her touching him. While seeral times she told him no and to stop, him not listening and doing as he wanted. Doing this while my son was in the room with them. Now I didn't find out about this for awhile and learned she was scared to tell me and confused.



This was the first time,

still to come, the last time we saw him, police, court and end of the story if there is one

No comments:

Post a Comment