Friday, June 15, 2012

The arrest

So after the call with the States Attorney, I was not feeling very confident, and she wasn't getting any better.So I decided it was time to call for a counselor maybe if she wouldn't talk to me she would talk to some one else.  I called a place recommended by the place we went for the interview. And I must say for the next 9 months months she had the most wonderful of counselor where she would go to talk to her every week. This person was understanding and was the most help though out this ordeal.

I am still extremely worried about her mental health as I have watched her decline and withdraw and just not be her self. This weighs so heavy on my mind that I can not show any sign of weakness as I have to carry her and I through this. At times I just don't know how I am going to do this, I feel myself going into a big black hole being swallowed up.

By the end of July the detective calls me and say's they are going to proceed with one of the boys and are going to charge him with two counts of sexual abuse of a minor, as a juvenile. He is going to charged with a class three mistermeaner. Which if convicted carries register of a sex offender, jail time and a lot of other stipulations.

When I ask about the other one there is no answer given. He committed a crime against her as the other one did. But I am told they are unsure what they can arrest him for as his crime is not the same as his brother. I am not happy with this and i have to say I want more so I decide I will take on the justice system myself and start to research both these issues and see what I came up with. I want them all to know I am very serious in getting justice and not allowing them to get away with this and will gather every shred of evidence I can find,  

We are now one down and one to go but it isn't as easy as it sounds. I have my work cut out for my as the prosecutors office here in Rock Island county isn't the best, point in case the last prosecutor is sitting in jail convicted of taking liberties with a minor in a case of sexual abuse against a teacher


No comments:

Post a Comment