Monday, June 11, 2012

The not knowing everything

In the day's that I waited for the detective to call was about the hardest thing in the world. But I had also turned into a Nazi. This was not a good thing. But I didn't want to ask any questions till the police interviewed her, I didn't want her tainted. He finally called and told me he needed to set up an interview with the advocacy program  and the states attorney for her to be interviewed. So I waited, I watched as I waited my fun loving daughter go deeper into herself, and we both walked on eggshells. I wanted to know but I knew it would be best to wait. He called me one day and wanted to know where we were as he had scheduled a meeting to take place, Just one problem he forgot to inform me of the time and place. I could tell from this that this was not going to be an easy battle and one that I would have to fight tooth and nail.

But in reality I still was in the complete unknown about everything. I still was in a state of confusion on my feelings, and as a mom I watched that she was hurting and I didn't know what to do about it all. I wanted to cuddle her and have her tell me everything, but that part wouldn't happen as she would tell me nothing.


It is now 1 week into this and we are at a Softball game, something she breathes for and how and why I don't know but she got nailed with a ball as she came home and then she went into a seemed to have what looked like an epileptic seizure. She shook and she wasn't there. It was so bad that they took her away in an ambulance and at the hospital she had the shakes still that they did a cat scan. But this was the start of panic attacks as a result of what ever happened to her.

In that meeting they they states attorney and the detective made me promises, assurances and other things. They made statements that they were sure that this had happened before just never reported, they knew what they were doing, they would stop them, they would get warrants for their computers and phone records. That yes they had both violated her in different ways, But they would have to review her tape to see if there was enough to arrest them as Adults or if it would be juveniles. This was the first round of lies and broken statements on behalf of the state of Illinois.

The detective interview the offenders and called me to tell me that now he felt that is all may have been a misunderstanding and the two of them were in a competition for my daughters affection. I stated I didn't care what he thought or the fact they had never been in trouble before they had committed a crime and I wasn't going to back down. They both needed to understand that they were grown men at 18 who didn't need to have relationships with immature 14 year old girls to try and get them to be sexual active to satisfy there own needs. They took advantage of her and they need to be arrested for their crime. This would not be the first such conversation I would have with the state nor would it be the last.

Next my conversation with the States attorney that leads to the arrest of one of them

No comments:

Post a Comment