Sunday, January 20, 2019

Chapter 11 Still following that dream



          So I am going to put myself out there.I have been at my job for over 20 years been in this kind of job for over 30 years. I manage Subsidize housing I do both Multi-family property and then a elderly property. It has it's challenges, pressure and heart warming moments. In my younger days i have held all kinds of jobs, I have been a Grocery checker , waitress, Cocktail waitress, sold shoes,sold western wear, sold jewelry, worked in a bank been an appointment secretary, and work as a collection person for portable toilets,Sold newspaper ads, put up hardware display ads and work as a dog groomer. Hard work has never bothered me. Learning never came hard, If I enjoyed what I did I went far I explorined my options and learned to adapt to almost anything.

        I was born the second child of 5 in Brentwood New York. My father worked for Air Canada and when I was 8 transferred to North Miami Beach Fl. Where I graduated high school in 1977. Left home in 1978 thought I was in love and moved to Illinois, married my first husband  in 1980, left him in 1981 after less then 6 months and files for divorce. One can only be physically and mentally abused for so long. The turning point was the night he tried to strangle me. When I got away I never looked backed. I also made my self several promises 1. No one will ever lay a hand on me. 2. I will always stand up for myself. 3. No one will tear down my self esteem and make me feel worthless and helpless.

        It wasn't long after I left that nightmare that I met my now husband. If one was to be a soulmate then Jeff would be that. We didn't have much in common but you know what it worked and worked well. During this time he was then laid off from his employer and started to seek employment all over. He sent a resume to Oklahoma and I was on to my next adventure. We were there a year 1983  when we married and for once in along time I felt safe and secure.  We had many adventures him and I but we didn't share a lot of the same hobbies. I went to all kinds of things he enjoyed and liked them but I needed something for me. That was when in 1984 we got Sheba our first chow. Well I won't bore you with all that as I have already written it.

       Then in 1986 when things were getting slow in Oklahoma again laid off from his job we seek employment else where.Which brought us and me back to Florida. It wasn't hard to secure a job for me as I had gained apartment experience in Oklahoma and we seemed to be set. Jeff had his racing and I had my dogs and life was great. 1987 was exciting as we were expecting our first child. When my children were young people would always ask if my four children had the same father. I know it was hard for them to believe but one was born in 1987,1990,1997 and 1999. I always joked we did it for the Grandmas 2 born in Florida and 2 born in Illinois.

       In 1994 my husband was offered a job back here at the original place he was laid off here in Illinois so we have now come full circle and moved back here. So that was that.

      I have several hobbies, besides the dogs, I love to take pictures and would do it at the sporting events, dance events or any event my children were involved in. I love to cook and bake and this carries over to the motor-home where breakfast, lunch and dinner is always cooked.i bake in the oven too. This is a huge distress for me at dog shows. I collect a few things, Rudolph the Red nose reindeer items at Christmas one room is dedicated to this lovable misfit. Angels angels angels in my living room. In the living room all year round you will find miniature lighted Christmas trees.

       Now the motor-home as my daughter will tell anyone I am ready for the Apocalypse you name it I have it.and every thing has it's place we won't starve and I am prepared for anything humane and dog wise. But I will tell you I have always been that way. Dance, pageants softball if someone needed something they would find me because most likely I had it.

       Now me I have a very bold, very guarded demeanor about me.lots of times people don't know how to take me, I can be standoffish look like I am angry or very welcoming. I listen to what people say and I do not ever pass judgement.I also don't forget, I don't hold grudges but stay away from people who I feel have used me for what ever reason they may have.I stand up for myself and if

No comments:

Post a Comment