Sunday, January 20, 2019

Part 6 Life with out Chows in it

     After the loss of Rosie I took a vow no more Chows no more dogs. But any dog owner will tell you that it is a lonely feeling when you walk through the door and there are no butt wiggles, no barks of happy to fill the air. Even with people husband, and children life is lonely and I missed all that, 

     After a year and a half  I made the call I called Marilyn to inquire if she had any puppies. Marilyn was getting up in years and had stopped breeding a few years before. She said she would make some calls as she knew where there were  dogs out there that had her line in the back. In the mean time enter my third child Hannah. when Hannah was about 3 months old she also entered my life PAO CHAI'S STANDING  PRETTY  since she was born on Easter Sunday she would be forever known as Lilly. Was the arrival of this pretty red girl the reboot of my dream. Now I can not tell you how hard it is to show a dog with a baby. People are also not very nice to you when you have a non walking child. I was lucky as my older daughter loved being around the shows. So she would try to take care of her sister but nasty comments would make this hard. Even though it was hard I did manage to put 5 points on her, So I was back in the ring and trying to juggle it all. 


       But as shattered dream have a way to follow me Lilly had entropian and even with surgery she never made it back in the ring. So as history repeats its self entered Kemo a dog who would grow to be a big beautiful blue boy. He would never see a show ring as he had two pink spots on his tongue,


This could not  be happening again was I never to show again never to be in the ring and never to be able to follow my Dreams.

So I tried another breeder and enter Echo who was a pretty chow and I had hope. Now in all the chows I had owned the temperaments have always been awesome including my back yard bred female Sheba. This is until Echo who was food aggressive, dog aggressive and people aggressive. Echo holds the honor of being the only dog other then the Shepard to bite me and draw  blood. So again we have shattered dreams and not sure I ever want to Show again 

No comments:

Post a Comment