Wednesday, January 30, 2019

In the ring and the grooming area first show of the New Year



So with the impending bad weather I couldn't go to my daughters bridal shower on Sunday in Indiana. Trying to save my time off for her wedding in March. We are planning a local one here at home in February so  what do you do instead you go to a Dog Show. Now I am spoiled with the Motor Home and don't use grooming areas but I had to bite the bullet and use one here. We had a nice end spot which was great but the noise and being stuck there all day was not a great thing for me. When you put the dog on the table the people who want to touch the dog is unbelievable but my dog loves the attention me not so much. Once we arrived I had a lady come over and introduce her self. She too has chows. We get to talking and discussing the chows entered. Now I have a friend who has two bitches she only shows one at a time each day. The first day was her little black one called Blanche lovely little girl just at 8 months has a standing for judge issue. I made the statement that if she was still this way I didn't think it would be an issue getting out of the breed and how I would love to do well in the group. So when my friend got there I told what I had said and she laughed and said I know poor Blanche, I just wanted her to know I was not dissing her baby. Just concerned as I had just gone through all that with my Tillie. 
Blanche is a beautiful black girl with lots of coat. I would love to get my hands on her coat and my friend knows this. See that is why we are friends because we can talk about these things. And she doesn't get upset like a lot of people do. She is very proud of this litter that she bred. As she should be. I had to laugh when she came out of the ring she said the judge told her lovely puppy but you have homework to do with her. 


I love the pictures my husband takes so I can see what I have done and what I may need to do. But I so hate that I look so fat. I lost over 50 pounds but boy oh boy you sure can't tell. My friend and I had a wonderful day visiting. I had also stated that I was sorry that a certain special had not entered I would have loved to see if my boy could take breed over him. Isn't that what we all want. Not taking away from this special he is an awesome dog but it would have been nice to see my boy do that. Now back to the woman I first met that morning she was very nice and talkative till my friend arrived and then I was invisible but I am used to that even if it was nice to meet her, But you come into my area that I am grooming in and talk to someone else then you say good bye to my friend and turn your back on me and walk away with out a goodbye is just plain rude.
The next day I was excited because my friend was bringing her cinnamon to the show. If you have read the other blogs you know my heart belongs to them. This puppy is the complete opposite of her sister and a really sweet little girl with an awesome personality hard to believe sometimes that they are sisters. I couldn't wait to see her in the ring. I knew that it was not going to be an easy walk in the ring. Cinnamon's are not easy to show in the ring as they are a diluted color and you have to be sure pigment is perfect and some judges just don't like them. Sophia was groomed so nicely and her little tail was just a wagging and she loved meeting people. 
My friend should be very proud of her babies and this litter has been very good. Now if her house would cooperate that she just bought she would have free time to work on her babies she told me. But she is doing a great job and is just so happy to be back in the ring. Gotta love people with this attitude. Now my man showed better the second day in the breed ring. But man oh man did he decide to puppy it up in the group ring. If I could have found a hole to crawl in I would have. Bad so bad he was but he is still a puppy and for him he had had enough. 


But Hondo I love you and your antics are so funny at times. But please next time lets save play time till after the ring. 
Well until the next show or when the mood hits me love those babies 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment