Sunday, January 20, 2019

Chapter 9 Miss Tillie



   Miss Tillie as sweet a puppy as sweet can be, Although born in January and I brought her home the end of March she was almost 3.5 months old. So we had to start right away with getting her ready for the show ring. Goal was in April at the end to show her in her first 4-6 puppy class. Because it had been years with training a dog I chose to start out with 2 days a week with two different conformation classes. I would then decide which one I liked better. Tillie went every where possible with us she could as I knew socializing was the key to help round out a good puppy. One of her trips to Lowes.
We wanted to do things right by her and be as comfortable as we could at dog shows and to be honest I despise grooming areas and so many people we went out and got a motor home. It is nothing fancy and quite old but you know what it is ours and I have made it our chow home on wheels. I can cook, relax and not stress  the dog out. But people look down on it and it is quite fine as I don't owe a dime on it and it is mechanically sound. Showing dogs doesn't mean we have to go in debt to keep up with the Jones. I can also promise you that if you forgot it or need it I most likely have it. We also may not have a trolley or a covered ex-pen or other things people have or think they need to have to fit in. I don't need to fit in I just want to show dogs. So back to Tillie, her first time in the show ring is coming up and my first time in almost 18 years is coming. I think I am ready! 
Tillie did an amazing job and then went on to win a group one in the B match they were holding that night. I was back and my dream was taking place and you know what it felt so good. So all those years ago were distant and I had thought just wait I don't think history will repeat it's self and I was happy. But was it real or was it a cruel joke 

No comments:

Post a Comment