Sunday, September 12, 2010

Arrival In Limon Costa Rica

We are very excited about this port, We are joining about 21 other people all but 5 roll callers, We are suppose to be the first ship to ever have a tour from the ship to the Jaguar rescue center. The tour is conducted by JJ tours, The tour is to include lunch, and the coco bean plantation, Banana plantation, the National Park and if time the Sloth sanctuary.

Breakfast on the Lido Deck

We dock at 10:00 am and to meet JJ out side the docking area as he is not included in Carnival sanctioned tours.

But first my Sunset and some photo's getting close to Costa Rica, the ship docked on starboard side so there are no port shots.




A couple pages back I talked about rude passengers and debarking the ship, when we are in tight crowded places I hang on to one child and hubby hangs on to the other. Well as we made out way to security with people pushing and shoving hubby became disengaged from lil man and he grabbed on to diva's shirt, When I looked back I couldn't even see hubby, I tried to wait for him before the gangway but was told I needed to move there for no shots of us getting off the boat. I don't understand every one is getting to the same place so a little common courtesy would be nice.

We were to meet the rest of our tour there and walk together as a group to meet JJ from JJ tours.

If you have never been to this port it is dirty, and you have to walk aways to get to any non carnival tour through the shops hut. There are also railroad tracks that run through it. In our group was an 89 year old woman who was a Roll callers Grandma. She lost her footing and took a tumble and landed hard on the ground. Now I will tell you Carnival people came from every direction to see if Grandma was okay. Grandma is a spry young thing. She said she was okay and bless her heart she took my arm and I help Christine make sure she made it to where we needed to be.

We now have made to the meeting area and waiting on JJ, I understand poverty and lower economic factors but I am not use to seeing these things neither are my children so this was an eye opener. The last time I saw things like this I was 9 and we walked across the Mexico Border of Tijuana.






Now you would think being a tour guide you would be prepared, not the case here. We made a stop at a grocery store so he could pick up refreshments, this stop took nearly an hour as we sat on the bus. So of course this put us behind schedule. It was going to take an hour to get to the rescue center.

Now JJ was very knowledgeable about his country and the sites we were seeing and going to see. This help as Diva had to write a report for school on what she saw and did as part of her missing school for 6 day's.


First stop was the Jaguar rescue center where Diva had been waiting her chance to hold monkey's. This child loves monkey's and this was one of the reason's we chose this tour was for her to experience this.
our host at the rescue center

This baby was burned on power lines

The moment this child has waited for










Now on to the two and three toed sloths

in a tree








another sloth and a green tree frog, then the cat and that concluded our tour of the jaguar rescue center. Now I do have a few problems with this tour, although we loved it and it was everything Diva hoped it would be, We were charged 25.00 a piece to enter and the web site states 12.00
And there was a woman by the sloths who was indulging in some marijuana smoking. I would have liked to see a few more animals, and of course Diva would have wanted more times with the monkey's.

Now it is on to lunch for an authentic Costa Rican meal





Lunch was delicious

Moving on now

our next stop

This was a 10 minute stop I would have loved to stay there much longer and explore

Moving on
Next stop Dole banana plant





Now on the way back to the ship
Now granted this tour was not what we expected, and it could have been better, But really if you are that unhappy please keep it to your self, your on a bus with other people who really do not care about your opinion, You booked you are here and you just need to make the best of it. My children didn't need to hear your belly aching or how much you paid as we all paid the same amount. You should have listened to your kids and and JUST shut up. My children were enjoying themselves and didn't need to listen to you as they were trying to listen to the guide.

Now I don't understand why we paid 25.00 a person to get in the JRC when the web site stated 12.00, the hour long refreshment pick up was a bit much, and really did we need a beer stop, and why didn't you ask the rest of the tour if we wanted anything?

JJ did get us back in plenty of time to do a little shopping in port, Bought the shot glasses magnets and a coffee cup, Diva got a stone necklace, lilman got a jade shaped sharks tooth that he lost that night, me I got coffee, hubby bought a tee shirt.

The navy was in port for some R&R and I could see that from my balcony,
We got back to the boat at five, didn't feel like getting gussied up for the dining room so this night we went to the lido buffet, food where we watched sail away saying good-bye to Limon was good but I missed my dining room

We did go to the jump Jive and wail show another good show, the the 1000.00 wipe out bingo, we lost so we decided to call it a night
our towel animal

1 comment: