Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Embarkment day






I was up bright and early but this is not anything new, I wanted to get every one moving to head for the port, But I live with snails and moving quick is not in their DNA. At 11:00 I finally said come on guys I think we need to get going. So this is what we saw as we arrived at Port Everglades

we could feel the excitement as we see the whale tail from a far. It sure was a beautiful site

But the apprehension was still there.


We unloaded the van said goodbye to my sister and started our journey to the boat, Security line moved fast, the only good thing about being as late as we were we didn't have a zone. But the moaning and complaining from the family started at this point. Kids complaining they were hot even though the line was quick, Hubby complaining about the water and soda that was on a hand cart. Through security we went, they did question my three bottles, two were wine and one was a bottle for the kids. After he saw what it was next stop sign and sail cards.


That line was short and we breezed through it, next stop the ship


we then stopped and had the your getting on board photo, then on to the ship,

When you walk on the ship it is so intimidating and every one is in such awe as something so beautiful and we are on it. Now the confusion and the tempers flair, where to go and what to do, It's off to the lido deck we head, But as we wait for the elevator I hear my name how is calling my name? Now who is calling me, who knows me, as I turn I am greeted by a huge hug from Roll call member Bari and meet her husband Randy. I had so wanted to spend time with her and get to know her but it didn't happen we saw each other in passing and on 2 tours but still never had that sit down and lets get to know each other. This I regret because I was so looking forward to that. She recognized me and dancing Diva by the clothes we were wearing as they had been posted here on the blog thing.

Now on to the Lido deck for lunch hubby still complaining about lugging the cart with the water and the soda, Oh well this was suppose to be the start of a dream vacation, and it has turned into a nightmare. Food glorious food and I didn't want any I wanted to abandon ship jump over board. But back to the food hubby had a hamburger and fries, and lilman and Diva had hot dogs and fries, I think I had a salad but the lido deck is a blur as most of this first day.

It's now time for the room to be open. I just want it to open so we can drop the stuff off and they quit complaining.

Our home away from home for the next 8 day's

Then the place I would spend most of my mornings as I sit and watch the sun rise.


So on to Muster Drill, the torture of it all, they herd you on deck, in four row where you couldn't hear or see anything you were doing. Trust me Lilman almost got thrown over board so they could show us lifesaving drills. Drop his camera 4 times to the point I thought he broke it. So after 1/2 hour to 45 minutes the drill is over. Well I forgot to tell you they no longer make you bring the life jackets with you but every one has to have a photo of them in it.

So now on to sail away, I had so many things planned to do this first day, Meet and greet after muster, kids to sign in for the camps, Ball room dancing, Mixology contest. Relax on Lido with the drink of the day, Welcome aboard show, Spa Tour and raffle, Do you know how much we did, signed the kids up and ate dinner. Real exciting our first day. At this point I really wanted off the boat, I still had to wait for the luggage so that I could unpack. Was I really on vacation it sure didn't feel like it.

So we start sail away
.Now thats about all the pictures of us for sailway as no one wanted to take pictures my frustration was building and no one in all the months of research had any one told me how stress full this would be. It would have to get a lot better in order to relax

No comments:

Post a Comment