Saturday, September 25, 2010

When I was younger

When I was younger I had my share of "boyfriends" I guess I was normal and it started at 13-14 when I first noticed they were not just for beating in sports. Oh I had lots of boys that were friends but none that seemed to interested in me other then telling me their girlfriend problems.

The first time I was "in love " it was Keith he has friendly, sweet and oh so nice to me. Being in the choir we saw a lot of each other, and the choir had bake sales and other fund raiser things and we were always together. Then it happened he asked me out to a football game, I was in seventh heaven. We held hands he bought me a drink he treated me like a lady and it was a perfect night. Then it happened he kissed me and I was in "Love". That weekend I was walking on a cloud it was great. Till Monday morning and school, then he treated me like I didn't exists. My heart was broken. The rest of my freshman year I stayed way from boy's and relationships, Because my heart still belonged to Keith.

In the beginning of my Sophomore year the school and myself experienced a loss Kieth who I still felt I loved but was dating some one else was murdered. He was shot by a man having a fight with his father who was mistaken to be a landlord and Kieth step in to help his father. It hurt because after all he was my first love.

The summer of my sophomore year I hung out with a bunch of kids at the park. We played basketball, softball and swam. It was a great summer, then I met Eddie. Eddie was a good looking guy and had just come to spend the summer with his dad, He tried so hard to get my attention and it worked. Eddie and I spent every moment we could together with our friends as we both knew when summer was over he was going back home. Again my heart told me I was in love. But Eddie also told me he loved me and that feeling was great. My mom said it would never work for there was one problem I was going to be a Jr and he a freshman. But I said it's okay it's only for the summer. My mom liked Eddie and that was a good thing.

The week before school started Eddie left to go back to his mom. I was lonely and we talked on the phone when every we could. With school about to start the phone calls stopped. I couldn't figure that out but accepted the fact that it was over. Monday when I arrived at school my friends were a little different but okay it happens they all still had their boyfriends and I was the third wheel. At lunch I got the surprise of my life, Eddie was back he had talked his mom and dad into getting back together and his mom moving to his dad's.

But as all good love stories or the fact Eddie was acting his age it was obvious this relationship wasn't going to work. Damn my mom for being right. So again I was single. But we still tried to be friends. School that year went fast and I was now in the summer before my Jr. Year. On a family vacation to Disney. We were in a motel when tragedy struck. A group of kids on a class trip from New York were there for their senior trip and one of them drowned in pool. It was a very sad day. But in that Tragedy I met him Rusty, Or William. I called him Rusty, He was a Sr. and so nice as was all his friends, He came from a small town in New York were there were only 25 Sr in the whole school. What I didn't know was it was he who had fallen in love with me.

Well it was obvious that my parents liked him and consider him not be a threat. So when he had asked if I could come from Florida for his graduation they were all for it. So on a plane I went not knowing what to expect. It was a whirl wind of a relationship but I was in Florida and he in New York, Having a boyfriend so far away was taxing. I did see him twice before I realized that this was not for me. I tried to break up with him the middle of my senior year, specially when he told me he had been seeing some one while he was away at school, But he loved me and wanted us to work ,he would change colleges and everything.; I didn't want that heck I was 17 so I quit taking his calls and stopped writing. But some how my mom had other ideas and next thing I knew he was coming for my graduation.

That was an eye opener. I could not wait for him to leave and knew that he was not the one for me. There were two more before I found the right person for me. My soul mate the person who would win my heart like no other.

The reason behind this story is. I sit here and watch my Diva moping and feeling very sad. Because history repeats it's self, not in the complete form. But family vacation she meets a boy, likes the boy, the boy likes her. They decide they like each other and they are an item. For a little over three weeks there are text messages, web cam conversations, her saving her money every penny to go see him.

Then come the break up text and he doesn't want to continue this relationship. And then with in five minutes it's posted that he found some one else. She hurts, she is sad, she wont talk to me. I am lost. I can't comfort a broken heart, and this will be one of many in her young life.

I tried to tell her long distance doesn't work, It would be hard but who listens to their mother when your heart speaks a different tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment