Friday, September 10, 2010

Our first sea day

Being an early riser I was up at 5;30, coffee arrived a short time after, I had brought my own flavored creamer so it came in handy. I must say the coffee from room service was pretty good. I took my coffee, and my nook put on the cozy robe and stepped outside. Turned on my battery candles and my book light read my book ( I am reading Cruise confidential ) Read and listened to the sound of quiet. Yes the peaceful sound of nothing but water hitting the boat.

This was the most enjoyment that I could ever have expected. It succeeded my wildest dreams, standing and looking out and seeing nothing but water. Balcony cabins is the only way to go. That early in the morning sitting there reading drinking coffee and having my smoke and not worrying about anything. My balcony neighbors were never out that early in the morning so I didn't have to worry about bothering them.

About 7:30-8:00 the rest of the family started to stir, Lilman was first and he joined me on the balcony. We sat together and just watched the water. While we were out there this is what we saw

In the middle of no where and there is this bird, that him and I so enjoyed watching dive into the water and fly around.
So now the other two are awake and it's breakfast time and time for the Lido deck

Now as you all know I have been on a diet and I didn't go on a cruise to gain back the 30 pounds I lost. So this first meal I ate light. Yogurt, bagel and coffee, The Hubby and kids hit the whole buffet, But the kids came back with cereal go figure.

After breakfast we stepped out on the lido deck and found some chairs in the smoking area. To read the fun times. We have at 1:30 the grab bag for the roll call the the cocktail party and I am not going to miss those. We decided we would go to Fun a shore talk with CD Josh, But first we went to the shops, I bought a rhinestone bracelet and 2 wallets and a little red purse for my dress for tonight. Dancing Diva need red white and blue clothes for the teen party, Believe it or not I found a really cute blue and white sun dress on clearance for her, and her lanyard was red so she was set.

For Newbies the fun ashore and aboard was very interesting and Josh is very funny, I don't remember if we ate lunch or not, I think we did I think we had deli sandwiches this day, I had the Ruben and Hubby had the steak, The only problem was they were not grilled at all so that was disappointing.

So now it is time for the grab bag, I had done three bags with John Deere items as I did have the now famous trinket thread and since we had to bring items from our state John Deere just fit right in there.

So the grab bag and the cocktail party is being held in Scott's Piano bar
The grab bags were great, I ended up with a Florida Beach towel to remind me of where we used to live, 2 cook books, and items from Boston So they were nice gifts,

I had a Margarita realizing I don't like that drink, Drank a pina, then was introduced to a Kiss on the lips and that was yummy. It was at the cocktail party where we lost Dancing Diva to fellow cruiser Bill's son Logan.

After the cocktail party we headed to the murder Mystery show, But found that not to be our cup of tea so we left and headed to the room to get ready for our first Elegant night.

So dancing diva wants me to curl her hair, Although it is a pain in the butt to do this, I start this is a long time consuming process but I am the mom and I do it. Now I know I am going to bore you here, I decided a long time ago we would be color coordinated for elegant dinners and Hubby agreed so tonight was red night.





No comments:

Post a Comment