Sunday, September 12, 2010

Embankment in Cozumel

After Breakfast we headed back to the cabin to collect the camera,bag with sun screen, towels and change of clothes. We then headed down to zero deck to leave the ship. Now at no fault of the crew of the freedom, People are down right rude and I will get into to more as we leave the ship in Costa Rica. Trying to hang on to my family so we can stay together and not lose any of them as we leave the ship is hard.


We finally get off the ship and on the gangway where we got to take the only photo of us leaving the ship.

Cozumel is a beautiful port, very clean and every one appeared to be friendly and eager to help.
We needed to hail a taxi to start our adventure at Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab Park. The cab driver was very quiet and didn't talk at all, didn't say anything on the ten minute drive, I would have loved to converse a little, but we all just took in the sites. The road at 8:00 am were very crowded but we all felt say in the van we were riding in.
All in all the taxi ride took ten minutes. We saw two other carnival ships ported at the other port that was close by. I believe they were the dream ands the liberty.

Arriving at Chankanaab Park was very exciting, we found the park to be very clean and well maintained. Now because we are doing three encounters we didn't have a whole lot of extra time to explore the whole park.

I did observe that the rest rooms were well maintained and cleaned and that was a concern being in ports, But in all three areas we explored in the different ports I found them all to be clean.

As we signed in to the park I asked if we could move the times up, as I did want to spend a little time in the port and look around, there wasn't a whole lot I wanted to buy, But vanilla was on the top of this list.
So we were one of two other people in the sea lions I can say the show is cheesy but it is the normal sea show, they explain all about the seal lions and they do tricks, there were 4 and a baby that we saw. When the show was over we had our in water encounter. We so enjoyed the sea lions as we were alone in the tank with them. No other visitors and it was early.We spent a lot of time in this encounter and so enjoyed it.


Next came the Dolphins this was to me a rush job, as lilman never got to touch (pet) the dolphin, we did all get kisses, handshakes belly rides and boogie board rides but the one on one was not there. There was also things the program stated they would do and didn't. There is no free time swimming with dolphins, It still was worth the money, but not what I expected.


The Manatees were the last thing we did and my son loved this, we spent a lot of time in there with three of these amazing docile creatures. We petted them, hugged them, kissed them swam with them and fed them. Feeding them is an experience in it's self. No wonder they are a protected species.


Once done we went to look at the photo's, and of course we couldn't make up our mind and they are pricey. But being a most likely once in a lifetime experience my husband said to bite the bullet and just buy them all. I bought a tee shirt for little man, and a dress for diva, Hubby got a head wrap and off to find a cab to go shopping.

Back at the port with in ten minutes and we paid 10.00 plus tip and off to shop. law student collects shot glasses so I had to be sure we got that business student doesn't collect anything and he seems to be out of the tee shirt stage so I decided he should have shot glasses too. I also picked up a pretty pendant for law student and corona bottle opener for Business student. Lilman is into wrestling so he wanted a Ray Mastiro mask. Both dancing Diva and lilman get henna Tattoo's.



I also scored a big bottle of vanilla and a little one. I should have bought more but didn't it's a good thing. Now it's back to the boat to unload as we had to be back on-board at 3:00 pm. with sail away at 4:00pm.


We then went to the Lido deck for pizza, and back to the cabin to see if there were runners back to the boat, When we got off the elevator to go to the cabin, Lilman and Diva ran for the door to see who would open it first. This was the first and last time, as when the got there there was a shoving match and fists flew and the injured party was my vanilla, Lilman threw it on the ground and crack the lid on the big bottle,. Now I did contemplate throwing them over board. But I figured it wasn't worth a Mexican jail over vanilla, Hubby tried to convince me to go back to port as there was a bit of time left. I wouldn't do it. Although I did hand him two empty water bottles and my Vanilla was saved. I think the kids were glad I brought the water and was saving the bottles just in case.

Now as we settle on the balcony to watch for runners, I never did expect to see any, but low and behold here come two, They started to run and then they noticed the pier bike taxis and hailed one. Now we don't know if they were running for the Freedom or the Epic as we were docked side by side but it sure was fun to watch.
Next up dinner and this concludes our day In Cozumel Mexico next day is a sea day on our way to Limon Costa Rica

No comments:

Post a Comment